18-Piece Professional Quality Wood Carving Chisel Set—an excellent choice for both beginning and experienced wood carvers.
SE’s 18-Piece Wood Carving Chisel Set Includes:
(7) 8-1/2” High Carbon Steel Wood Chisels with High-Impact Grip Handles for Great Comfort & Control of Your Woodworking Projects
(5) 5” High Carbon Steel Wood Chisels (for the Woodworker who Prefers the Natural Feel of Wooden Handles)
(2) Wooden Rasp Files with Wooden Handles
(2) 6” x 3/8” Silicon Carbide Sharpening Stone: Round & Triangle
(1) 6” x 2” x 1” Double-Sided Sharpening Stone: 120 & 240 Grit
(1) 11” Wood Striking Stick (Often Used for ‘Batoning’)
Batoning is the technique of cutting or splitting wood by using a baton-sized stick or mallet to repeatedly strike the spine of a sturdy knife, chisel or blade in order to drive it through wood, similar to how a froe is used.
This set would not be complete without a heavy-duty storage pouch, which is why SE has provided a high-quality, durable and convenient canvas pouch that keeps all these great tools together, making transportation and storage a breeze.
• Blade Styles Includes: Wide, Flat, Narrow Flat, Concave, Rounded, Corner, Straight & Offset
Chisels have a wide variety of uses, and each type of chisel is especially suited for its intended use. Different types of chisels may be constructed differently in terms of blade width or length, as well as shape and hardness of blade. They may have a wooden or plastic handle attached using a tang or socket, or may be made entirely of one piece of material.